HALVING ROAD DEATHS AND INJURIES BY 2020
‘The Challenges for Communities, Cities, Companies and Countries’
The Global Road Safety Partnership (GRSP) and International Road Assessment Programme (iRAP) are pleased to again be working in partnership to bring you Road Safety in Asia 2016. This comprehensive capacity building conference, our 9th annual regional event, provides you with a range of stimulating capacity building workshops, keynote addresses, high level panel discussions and plenary sessions over two full days (24-25 May), with the iRAP Workshop being held on day three (26 May). There will also be opportunities to cast an eye back to the 2015 conference to investigate outcomes from return participants.
Road Safety in Asia 2016 will focus on many of the challenges in addressing road safety in countries across the Asia Pacific region, and how different stakeholders can contribute to the ambitious road safety targets as set out in the new Sustainable Development Goals.
The event’s key objectives are to:
- provide capacity building opportunities to participants on evidence-based good practice in road safety;
- stimulate support for and action in the United Nations Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020;
- identify avenues for multi-sector contribution towards the targets of the Sustainable Development Goals;
- develop networks to support information, good practice and knowledge sharing.
Key representatives from countries throughout Asia Pacific will attend the seminar, including:
- senior government officials, from road safety, transport, health, police and education
- road safety researchers and experts
- representatives of NGOs working in road safety in the region
- key business representatives with an interest in road safety.
The event is organized in partnership Shell, Total and Toyota,
with support from China Red Cross Foundation and FIA Foundation.