SaveLIFE Foundation, a grantee of the Bloomberg Philanthropies funded Road Safety Grants Programme, has been declared the best non-profit organization in India (2013-14) at the Indian NGO Awards.
The India NGO Awards is a unique, national competition that aims to celebrate and reward leading non-governmental and non-profit organizations. The awards were instituted in 2006 to recognize those organizations that have demonstrated best practices and impact in the communities they serve.
From 400 nominated organizations, SaveLIFE Foundation was judged the most outstanding after an evaluation process that looked at:
- The effective and sustainable mobilisation of resources in support of programme and project work, including with local communities.
- Demonstration of efficient management of financial and human resources, good governance practices, transparency and accountability, and effective communication.
- The impact of their work in bringing about tangible benefits to their target communities.
- Innovative practices within programme and project activities, their implementation and measures to ensure sustainability.
- Gender sensitivity in the planning, implementation and impact of the programme/initiative.
The award comes with a shield and a cash prize together with learning opportunities at Oxford and London Business School. We congratulate Piyush Tewari, SaveLIFE Foundation founder, and his team for this hard-earned and well-deserved honour.
Read more about the work of SaveLIFE Foundation through the Bloomberg Philanthropies Road Safety Grants Programme.