By Ian Hughes
The annual Global Road Safety Partnership Asia Seminar will be on 7-8 March 2012 in Bangkok, Thailand and will again be followed by an International Road Assessment Program (iRAP) Workshop on 9 March 2012. This year’s seminar theme is “Decade of Action: Time to Act!” The seminar and workshop provide an important opportunity for capacity building, information sharing and networking. This year’s seminar will be run in partnership with the Thailand Health Promotion Foundation (ThaiHeath). Register for the seminar and workshop at: www.grspasia.org
The seminar and workshop are designed for those from Asian countries with an interest in road safety, including government officials, researchers and experts, and representatives of NGO’s and business. Workshops and presentation topics this year reflect the five pillars for action under the Global Plan for the Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020.
The specific objectives of the seminar are to:
- Provide capacity building opportunities to participants on good practice in road safety
- Showcase research and effective road safety programs from within Asia and other regions
- Stimulate support for and action in the United Nations Decade of Action for Road Safety
- Develop networks to support information, good practice and knowledge sharing
- Inform representatives on global, regional and country developments in road safety.
This year’s event is organised by the Global Road Safety Partnership with funding from the Global Road Safety Initiative (GRSI) programme and its partners (Michelin, Renault, Shell, Total and Toyota), iRAP, ThaiHealth and 3M Traffic Safety Systems (seminar dinner sponsor). The event will be held at the Imperial Queen’s Park Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand.
For more information or to register for the seminar and workshop please visit www.grspasia.org