The Partnerstwo dla Bezpieczeństwa Drogowego (GRSP Poland) hosted the 5th Gala Road Safety Awards Ceremony in Warsaw, Poland on 28 November, 2014.
More than 170 road safety stakeholders including representatives from governmental bodies, private enterprise, schools, NGOs, churches, media, academia and multi-lateral and international organizations, attended the prestigious 5th Gala Road Safety Annual Awards Ceremony. Organized by one of the GRSP’s most active in-country organizations, GRSP Poland, the annual awards recognize the most engaged individuals and organizations in road safety in Poland. This year, five nominees out of 51 applicants from governmental, civil society, and the business sectors were awarded:
- The Curia of Zamojsko-Lubaczowska Diocese received the ‘non-governmental organization award’ for its sustainable efforts in encouraging local communities to increase road safety efforts within schools. The Curia developed using its own financial sources a children’s road safety park.
- The public television channel from Krakow received the ‘media of the year award’ for broadcasting road safety news through regional channels and for broadcasting for more than 15 years a TV programme co-organized with the Regional Examination Centre in Krakow about road safety and technology.
- The school from Milakowo in southern Poland was awarded as the ‘institution of the year’ for its efforts in working with youth and children.
- The enterprise Carefleet was awarded the ‘company of the year’ for its work in school-based initiatives promoted by business partners.
- Lastly, Mrs. Chemicz and Mrs. Gajdas from the local council of Tychy, received the award of the ‘road safety emissary of the year’ for their steady contribution in the local community with a focus on commercial drivers.
Together, the GRSP Poland and the five awarded stakeholders reinforce the importance of recognizing road safety initiatives at the community level.