ASIA-PACIFIC REGIONAL ROAD SAFETY SEMINAR
Implementing the Global Plan for the Decade of Action
ASIA-PACIFIC ROAD SAFETY OBSERVATORY ANNUAL MEETING
6 to 7 December 2023
Asian Development Bank (ADB) HQ Auditorium, Manila (Philippines)
The Asian Development Bank, the Asia-Pacific Road Safety Observatory, the Global Road Safety Partnership (GRSP) and International Road Assessment Programme (iRap) are jointly proud to announce this key regional seminar. This is being designed as a flagship event on the road safety calendar reaching out to a diverse body of stakeholders including:
- Key government ministries and National lead agencies
- Development banks
- Road policing agencies
- Research institutions
- Private sector organizations
- Road safety focussed civil society organizations
Over two full days, the agenda will include leading topics in current road safety conversation and is designed to give participants a deeper understanding of effective, evidence-based interventions which can be applied towards the goals of the Decade of Action for Road Safety 2021-2030.
Topics to be covered include:
- An explanation of the findings of the newly released WHO Global Status Report on Road Safety 2023
- An explanation of the the Global Plan – Decade of Action for Road Safety 2021 – 2030
- New funding models available for road safety
- Speed management and the link to the sustainability agenda
- Private sector initiatives
- Innovative technologies
- Legal frameworks
- Gender perspectives in transport planning
- Powered two-wheeler safety forum
- Road policing initiatives
- Design of successful supporting road safety public awareness programmes
- Lessons learned from road safety advocacy programmes
- Road design best practice
Please note that the Asia Pacific Road Safety Seminar is free, but participants must cover own costs.
ADB HQ Auditorium, 6 ADB Avenue, Mandaluyong City 1550, Metro Manila, Philippines.
Click HERE for directions.
Click here to see the agenda. Please note this agenda is in development and will be updated regularly in coming weeks.