ASIA-PACIFIC REGIONAL ROAD SAFETY SEMINAR
IMPLEMENTING THE GLOBAL PLAN FOR THE DECADE OF ACTION
ASIA-PACIFIC ROAD SAFETY OBSERVATORY ANNUAL MEETING
5 to 7 December 2023
Asian Development Bank (ADB) HQ Auditorium, Manila (Philippines)
The Asian Development Bank, the Asia-Pacific Road Safety Observatory, the Global Road Safety Partnership (GRSP) and International Road Assessment Programme (iRap) are jointly proud to announce this key regional seminar. This is being designed as a flagship event on the road safety calendar reaching out to a diverse body of stakeholders including:
- Key government ministries and National lead agencies
- Development banks
- Road policing agencies
- Research institutions
- Private sector organizations
- Road safety focussed civil society organizations
Over two full days, the agenda will include leading topics in current road safety conversation and is designed to give participants a deeper understanding of effective, evidence-based interventions which can be applied towards the goals of the Decade of Action for Road Safety 2021-2030.
Topics to be covered include:
- An explanation of the findings of the newly released WHO Global Status Report on Road Safety 2023
- An explanation of the the Global Plan – Decade of Action for Road Safety 2021 – 2030
- New funding models available for road safety
- Speed management and the link to the sustainability agenda
- Private sector initiatives
- Innovative technologies
- Legal frameworks
- Gender perspectives in transport planning
- Powered two-wheeler safety forum
- Road policing initiatives
- Design of successful supporting road safety public awareness programmes
- Lessons learned from road safety advocacy programmes
- Road design best practice
The Registration is now closed.
Please note that the Asia Pacific Road Safety Seminar is free, but participants must cover own costs.
ADB HQ Auditorium, 6 ADB Avenue, Mandaluyong City 1550, Metro Manila, Philippines.
Click HERE for directions.