Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: 29 & 30 October 2019. Venue: InterContinental KL
The Global Road Safety Partnership (GRSP), supported by the Malaysian Institute of Road Safety Research (MIROS) and ASEAN NCAP, will be bringing to the region the 2019 Asia Pacific Road Safety Seminar.
This comprehensive capacity building conference, GRSP’s 11th regional event, will provide delegates with a range of stimulating capacity building workshops, keynote addresses, high-level panel discussions, and plenary sessions over two days – with the inclusion of a field trip to MIROS to explore their road safety facilities and learn from their best-practice approaches.
The 2019 Asia Pacific Road Safety Seminar will concentrate on Road Safety Leadership in Asia proposing interventions from governments, international and local institutions, experts, and private sector organisations active in the region. In addition to the presentations from high-level speakers, the seminar will offer the possibility of attending workshops focused on the relationship between safer roads and road users; sustainable youth mobility; and collaborative action to improve road safety, as well as exploring the opportunities and challenges for the post-2020 road safety agenda.
- Raise awareness of key road safety issues in Asia and in the Pacific.
- Provide capacity building opportunities to participants on evidence-based good practice in road safety.
- Stimulate discussion relating to the post-2020 agenda.
- Identify avenues for multi-sector contribution towards the targets of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Develop networks to support information, good practice and knowledge sharing.
- Promote the work of all partners within Asian and Pacific countries.
Key representatives from countries throughout the Asia-Pacific region will attend the seminar, including:
- Senior government officials from road safety, transport, health, police and education
- Road safety researchers and experts
- Representatives of NGOs working in road safety in the region
- Key business representatives with an interest in road safety
Event Partners: GRSP, IFRC, the Malaysian Institute of Road Safety Research (MIROS), and ASEAN NCAP.
2019 Asia Pacific Road Safety Seminar - Event Details
Click here to see the new DRAFT agenda. Please note this agenda is in development and will be regularly updated over the coming weeks.
InterContinental Kuala Lumpur
Address: 165, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone: +60 3-2782 6000
Click here to go to the hotel website.
Travel and Accommodation
No travel or accommodation support is offered for the 2019 Asia Pacific Road Safety Seminar. All event participants will need to book and pay for their own travel and accommodation.
The Event Venue is:
Intercontinental Hotel, KL
165, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, 50450, Malaysia
Please, note that there are special hotel room rates secured for the event days. Please refer to the attached booking form for more information and liaise directly with the hotel for booking. There is also a complimentary shuttle service, schedule attached.
Reccomended hotels in the vicinity:
There are many hotels in the city, as the location of the event is convenient and walking distance to the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC) Shopping Mall.
- G-Tower Hotel (Special rate secured. Please refer to the attached booking form for more information and liaise directly with the hotel for booking.)
199, Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Double Tree, by Hilton
The Intermark, 348, Jalan Tun Razak, 50400, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
- Element, Kuala Lumpur
Ilham Tower, 8, Jalan Binjai, Kuala Lumpur, 50450, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
- Somerset, Kuala Lumpur
187, Jalan Ampang, Taman U Thant, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Corus Hotel
Jalan Ampang, Hampshire Park, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
All participants will need to ensure they are carrying the appropriate Visa and Travel Documents for entry into Malaysia. GRSP can provide individual written invitations to support Visa applications, however cannot manage or influence the formal Visa application process. For a written invitation, please email Carmen Koo at email: Carmen.Koo@ifrc.org the following details:
- Your full name as it appears on your passport
- Your passport number: validity dates and country of issue
- Your intended entry and exit dates into/out of Malaysia
Previous GRSP Events
Since 2007, GRSP together with members and collaborating partners has developed a programme of high profile, knowledge sharing events in the Asia and Africa regions. Click here to learn more about our previous events.